If you, recreational blackjack players are like the average, you can play blackjack in a casino a few times a year and play in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere and have fun.
But at the same time, you may not want to be a game where the odds are very play against you and you have a good chance, like against the house on any given day. And you’re ready to learn a reasonable amount of time to invest to play properly.
Does this describe you? If so, you are not alone. About 99% of blackjack players can be excluded as “recreational” players are described. If you invest the few hours it takes to basic strategy and good money management, you will find the casino edge to sit on to reduce about half a percent. This is the next, even with the house, which you will find in any game in the casino to play.
However, for those of you, for the play almost to the house is not good enough and you want the edge, you have to be a card counter.
It is an irrefutable fact that you have an advantage over the casino at blackjack by counting cards. There are dozens of books on this subject and card counting has been mathematically proven – literally thousands of times – as a method to more accurately determine the chances that your next hand will have favorable cards.
The long-term advantage that is gained by card counting is about 1%, compared to the one half percent disadvantage of simply playing Basic Strategy.
So why is not everyone a card counter and why are casino Blackjack profits at an all-time high and climbing?
* Casinos have made the playing conditions very difficult for card counters.
* Become an expert card counter requires hundreds of hours of practice and a monstrous bankroll. Even then, a little inattention is at the table, wipe the small advantage gained by counting.
This does not mean there are not professional blackjack counters to make a living playing Blackjack – there.
However, in a position to make a full time living by counting cards to be, you must be able to perform the following steps:
* Spend hundreds of hours and many thousands of hands to learn to fold card counting plus learn the many subtle variations to hitting and standing that vary with the Count.
* Games, with average bets of $ 50 100 hours plus per month of actual table time – $ 100. You can probably double this time – or more – to allow for breaks, finding good tables, changing tables and casinos often, travel, etc.
* Learn how to get your card counting skills while playing, to avoid constantly asked to go to hide.
* Play at odd hours – usually very late into the night until the early morning hours, because it is best, one-to-one to play with the dealer or with as little as possible other players at the table.
* Tables and casinos frequently move to avoid being discovered.
* You have a very large bankroll. As a professional you are about 300-500 times your average bet must be able to take advantage of the count by stepping up your wagers dramatically and play to take several hands, but also able to be the wild swings in your bankroll Weather that Will shortly frequently. This corresponds to a working bankroll of about $ 30,000 – $ 50,000 on average bets of $ 50 – $ 100, that’s what you’ll need to earn a full time living.
If you are in fact able to do all of the above flawlessly, then congratulations! You are an expert card counter and you will make money in the long run.
For 99% of us who are recreational players and not able – or willing – able to the substantial effort required to make to count cards, then playing Basic Strategy is the next best thing. This is a very low edge against you provide about half a percent, while still providing the opportunity to come in the short term a winner.
Learning perfect blackjack strategy takes only a few hours and can be mastered by virtually everyone. You can use any table, play at any time, as long as you like without worrying about the notice of the Pit Boss. In fact, the Pit Bosses will welcome you with open arms. You’ll still have the best odds against you of any table game in the casino, and you will have a chance to beat the casino with a good run of cards have.
This is the best way for casual, recreational players who have fun, but do not lose their shirts to play.
Do not get me wrong: The bottom line is that if you are a serious, dedicated blackjack player who gets to beat the casino the most thrill out and is willing to work hard to do it, then learn by all means card counting .
But for the recreational player, blackjack should be easy to learn and fun.
With basic strategy is.